Friday, January 13, 2012

One of My NEW Best Friends

I'd like to introduce you to someone you may have heard of already. I had met her before, but didn't REALLY appreciate her (you may have had a similar experience). But now, she is one of my new best friends since she saved my life! She has brought order to my chaos. She is a little chubby and has wings. Have you guessed yet? I'd like you to meet FLY Lady :-)

Before I met her I had it all backwards. I used to think that I had to clean my house and THEN I could start to declutter since the house usually falls apart when you focus on a project. I thought by having a clean house to begin with that I wouldn't get as frustrated if I focused on gutting out a closet because I could look around and everything would be generally clean. So what happened? I would clean my house, get pooped out and be done! I would never get to the decluttering--the part that really makes me feel my house is clean.

Fly Lady has a much better way. She has me decluttering for 15 minutes every day. That's it! I never get tired out (she has me take regular breaks) and my house is the cleanest it has ever been. I love how she starts you with baby steps so that you can establish the habit before moving on to the next thing. I have a tendency to jump into a new thing with both feet and then get burned-out.

I have a secret though. Only read on if you think you might really want a clean house (if you don't have one already). I know the key to succeeding using the Fly Lady system. Are you ready for this one? The key to succeeding with Fly Lady is SUBMISSION. I have learned well that if you submit to a mentor's style, even though it may not be the way you do something (i.e. getting dressed down to your shoes or shining your sink before bed), that you should DO IT ANYWAY. Once you learn her way and see why it works, then you can tweak it to fit your style. Happy cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment