Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Need to Write

My last post was over a year ago. Over that year I feel like I've been on an amazing journey of learning and have often thought I should start posting again. Just recently I have had a more pressing and reoccurring need to process new information that comes to me.

I taught a writing workshop at our Freedom Project last Friday and we discussed why we write. I like to compare it to digesting food. Writing is the way we internalize and assimilate new information into our being. There is something in the process of thoughts traveling from our mind through our hands onto paper that helps us to make a truth our own.

So I would like to make myself a commitment to write something everyday. I have to be honest I am a little nervous to make that promise since I am already juggling many important things in my life. My entries can be short and simple, just so I establish a habit of writing something that I have learned. I'll do it! This is for my own benefit but if there is anyone listening, I welcome your thoughts and insights. I love this journey we call life and hearing from fellow travelers always enriches and enlivens my experience and hopefully does the same for you. So welcome back and happy traveling.

3 comments:

  1. It's great to see you writing again Dina! Sounds like you have a great journey ahead of you with your new goal, good luck! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies! Good to hear from you :-)

    ReplyDelete