Saturday, May 9, 2009

Serving with Smiles

For awhile now I have been looking for ways to involve my children in meaningful service. I finally found the perfect venue!! On Saturday, I took my children and a neighbor friend to a wonderful activity organized by Serving with Smiles.

Talk about INSPIRATION!

Corinne Allen and co-founder Elizabeth Jeffrey have created a great way for children to serve others around the world. The participants make bracelets, coloring books, blankets, baby blocks, picture books, bead toys and more! They also assemble kits with hygiene and school supplies to send throughout the world. You can also bring home instruction sheets that explain how to do these projects at home. My kids really want to make bead geckos and bracelets!

After the activity the kids got popsicles and won fun prizes in a raffle. It was definitely a class act! Anyone can attend so check out their website Serving with Smiles. If you would like to bring this kind of opportunity to your community or would like to donate, contact Corinne or Elizabeth for more information. They are more than happy to help!

1 comment:

  1. How neat! That is so great! I will have to check out their web site! Thanks Dina!

    ReplyDelete